Sprint Corp. (S) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.04
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sprint Corp. (NYSE: S) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.04), versus ($0.15) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.25 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.69 billion.
Postpaid phone net additions of 347,000 doubled from the prior quarter and improved from 62,000 in the prior year – a year-over-year increase of more than five times
- Postpaid phone churn of 1.37 percent is the best in company history and improved year-over-year for the seventh consecutive quarter
- Postpaid phone gross additions increased nearly 20 percent year-over-year
- Postpaid net port positive against all three national carriers for the second quarter in a row
- Net loss of $142 million, or $0.04 per share, in the quarter compared to a net loss of $585 million, or $0.15 per share, in the year-ago period, an improvement of $443 million, or $0.11 per share.
- Operating income of $622 million in the quarter compared to an operating loss of $2 million in the year-ago period, an improvement of $624 million. The current quarter included a non-cash pre-tax gain of $354 million related to spectrum swaps with other carriers that was partially offset by $103 million of litigation and other contingency expenses.
- Adjusted EBITDA* of $2.35 billion in the quarter compared to $2.01 billion in the year-ago period, an increase of approximately $340 million or 17 percent. The improvement was primarily due to higher operating revenues and lower cost of services and SG&A expenses, partially offset by higher cost of products expenses.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $1.71 billion in the quarter compared to $1.67 billion in the year-ago period, an improvement of $39 million.
- Adjusted free cash flow* was positive $707 million in the quarter compared to negative $100 million in the year-ago period, an improvement of $807 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sprint Corp. (S) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- iKang Healthcare (KANG) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.09
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!