Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Spark Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ONCE) reported Q2 EPS of ($1.04), $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.97). Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.29 million versus the consensus estimate of $1.17 million.
“During the last several months, we have made significant progress advancing our clinical portfolio of AAV gene therapy candidates and showcasing the strengths of our overall platform capabilities,” said Jeffrey D. Marrazzo, chief executive officer of Spark. “Notably, we released additional positive data from the continuation of the Phase 3 trial of voretigene neparvovec and remarkable, preliminary safety and efficacy data from the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of SPK-9001 in hemophilia B, which also was granted breakthrough therapy designation.”
“We also continued to make significant progress in preparing the potentially first-ever BLA submission of a gene therapy for a genetic disease, and we are on track to submit the clinical modules and finalize the vast majority of the chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) components before the end of the year,” continued Mr. Marrazzo. “However, based on a recent reassessment of the timelines for completion of the CMC modules, we now expect the generation of certain data using validated quality control methods that are part of the CMC modules to occur in early 2017.”
“We closed the quarter with a healthy balance sheet and we remain focused on finalizing our regulatory submissions of voretigene neparvovec, initiating a clinical trial of SPK-8011 for hemophilia A and further scaling-up of our manufacturing process for future applications.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!