Sotheby's (BID) Misses Q3 EPS by 16c, Revs Beat
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sotheby's (NYSE: BID) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.78), $0.16 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.62). Revenue for the quarter came in at $91.49 million versus the consensus estimate of $82.9 million.
“As we communicated previously, the third quarter results were not expected to be good,” said Tad Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sotheby’s. “Underneath our seasonally low level of sales, there were encouraging but tentative indicators that the market could be looking for a rallying point. At the same time, we are thrilled with the continued results of our internal initiatives.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sotheby's (BID) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPL Corp. (PPL) to Reiterate 2016 Earnings Guidance at Upcoming Analyst/Investor Meetings
- Coupa Software (COUP) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Issues Confident Q4 Outlook
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!