Sonic Corp (SONC) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, Offers FY17 Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC) reported Q4 EPS of $0.45, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $162.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $167.15 million.
- System same-store sales decreased 2.0%
Fiscal Year 2017 Outlook
- While the macroeconomic environment may impact results, the company expects adjusted earnings per share for fiscal year 2017 to be in the range of down 7% to flat year over year. The outlook for fiscal 2017 anticipates the following elements:
- (2)% to 0% same-store sales for the system;
- Royalty revenue growth from new unit development;
- 65 to 75 new franchise drive-in openings;
- Drive-in-level margins of 16-17%, depending upon the timing of drive-in divestitures and the degree of same-store sales growth at company drive-ins;
- Selling, general and administrative expenses of approximately $85.0 million to $86.0 million reflecting increased investment in human resources and technology to support brand initiatives;
- Depreciation and amortization expense of $42.0 million to $44.0 million reflecting the divestiture of company drive-ins as previously announced;
- Capital expenditures of $40 million to $45 million reflecting ongoing investment into the company’s technology initiatives;
- Free cash flow(1) of approximately $60 million to $65 million;
- An income tax rate between 35.0% to 36.0%;
- The planned repurchase of at least $173 million of stock across the fiscal year, inclusive of refranchising proceeds; and
- An expected quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sonic Corp (SONC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Offers FY Guidance
- United Natural Foods (UNFI) Misses Q1 EPS by 4c, Reaffirms FY Guiance
- IDT Corp. (IDT) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.44
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!