Sonic Corp (SONC) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, Offers FY17 Outlook
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC) reported Q4 EPS of $0.45, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $162.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $167.15 million.
- System same-store sales decreased 2.0%
Fiscal Year 2017 Outlook
- While the macroeconomic environment may impact results, the company expects adjusted earnings per share for fiscal year 2017 to be in the range of down 7% to flat year over year. The outlook for fiscal 2017 anticipates the following elements:
- (2)% to 0% same-store sales for the system;
- Royalty revenue growth from new unit development;
- 65 to 75 new franchise drive-in openings;
- Drive-in-level margins of 16-17%, depending upon the timing of drive-in divestitures and the degree of same-store sales growth at company drive-ins;
- Selling, general and administrative expenses of approximately $85.0 million to $86.0 million reflecting increased investment in human resources and technology to support brand initiatives;
- Depreciation and amortization expense of $42.0 million to $44.0 million reflecting the divestiture of company drive-ins as previously announced;
- Capital expenditures of $40 million to $45 million reflecting ongoing investment into the company’s technology initiatives;
- Free cash flow(1) of approximately $60 million to $65 million;
- An income tax rate between 35.0% to 36.0%;
- The planned repurchase of at least $173 million of stock across the fiscal year, inclusive of refranchising proceeds; and
- An expected quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sonic Corp (SONC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Sees FY17 Distributable Cash Flow of $4.46B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!