Sonic Corp (SONC) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, Offers FY17 Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC) reported Q4 EPS of $0.45, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $162.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $167.15 million.
- System same-store sales decreased 2.0%
Fiscal Year 2017 Outlook
- While the macroeconomic environment may impact results, the company expects adjusted earnings per share for fiscal year 2017 to be in the range of down 7% to flat year over year. The outlook for fiscal 2017 anticipates the following elements:
- (2)% to 0% same-store sales for the system;
- Royalty revenue growth from new unit development;
- 65 to 75 new franchise drive-in openings;
- Drive-in-level margins of 16-17%, depending upon the timing of drive-in divestitures and the degree of same-store sales growth at company drive-ins;
- Selling, general and administrative expenses of approximately $85.0 million to $86.0 million reflecting increased investment in human resources and technology to support brand initiatives;
- Depreciation and amortization expense of $42.0 million to $44.0 million reflecting the divestiture of company drive-ins as previously announced;
- Capital expenditures of $40 million to $45 million reflecting ongoing investment into the company’s technology initiatives;
- Free cash flow(1) of approximately $60 million to $65 million;
- An income tax rate between 35.0% to 36.0%;
- The planned repurchase of at least $173 million of stock across the fiscal year, inclusive of refranchising proceeds; and
- An expected quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sonic Corp (SONC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Comps Increase 2%
- Smith & Wesson (SWHC) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!