Smith & Wesson (SWHC) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Guides Well Above the Street
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ: SWHC) reported Q1 EPS of $0.62, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.53. Revenue for the quarter came in at $207 million versus the consensus estimate of $198.16 million.
Smith & Wesson sees Q2 2017 EPS of $0.53-$0.57, versus the consensus of $0.35. Smith & Wesson sees Q2 2017 revenue of $220-230 million, versus the consensus of $165.4 million.
Smith & Wesson sees FY2017 EPS of $2.38-$2.48, versus the consensus of $1.92. Smith & Wesson sees FY2017 revenue of $900-920 million, versus the consensus of $776.65 million.
James Debney, Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are very pleased with our first quarter results, which exceeded our financial guidance. We believe that higher revenue was driven by strong consumer demand as reflected in adjusted background checks from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) as well as our own market share gains. During the quarter, we announced the acquisition of Taylor Brands and Crimson Trace, two accretive acquisitions, making strong in-roads on our strategy to become a leader in the market for shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiasts. These acquisitions, which further expand our presence in the markets for outdoor products and accessories, were completed early in the second quarter. Based upon that timing, as well as our performance for the first quarter and our revised outlook for the remainder of fiscal 2017, we are raising our full year revenue and net income guidance."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Smith & Wesson (SWHC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- 1st Constitution Bancorp (FCCY) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!