Skechers USA (SKX) Misses Q3 EPS by 5c; Guides Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Skechers USA (NYSE: SKX) reported Q3 EPS of $0.42, $0.05 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $942.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $954.38 million.
Skechers USA sees Q4 2016 revenue of $710-735 million, versus the consensus of $799.9 million.
“Skechers achieved a new third quarter sales record for the period, and the second highest sales quarter in our 24-year history. This also resulted in a new nine-month sales record of $2.8 billion,” began David Weinberg, chief operating officer and chief financial officer. “The quarterly sales increase was primarily the result of 18.3 percent growth in our international wholesale business, which now comprises 40.1 percent of our total sales, or 47.9 percent including international retail. We believe that our international business represents the greatest growth opportunity with many countries continuing to show strong growth in the quarter, including China at just over 50 percent in net sales. To further grow our business internationally, we have transitioned certain international distributors to our subsidiary or joint venture model, including Israel most recently to a joint venture, and we are in the final stages of South Korea moving to a joint venture as well. We are also pleased with the 16.0 percent sales growth in our global retail business with 556 Company-owned Skechers retail stores, including 150 international locations, at quarter end. Including third-party-owned stores, there are now 1,716 Skechers stores worldwide.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Skechers USA (SKX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Five Below (FIVE) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Offers Q4 Guidance
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!