Sinovac Biotech (SVA) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.06
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Sinovac Biotech (NASDAQ: SVA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.06, versus ($0.03) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $28.74 million, versus $16.76 million reported last year.
Mr. Weidong Yin, Chairman, President and CEO of the Sinovac, commented, "Our third quarter revenue rebounded from a slower first half of the year, increasing 71.4% to $28.7 million from $16.8 million from the same period of 2015. The sales improvement was mainly attributable to the newly introduced EV71 vaccine product sales, which contributed approximately $16.5 million to our quarterly revenue, partially offset by Bilive and Anflu revenue decreases."
"Vaccine deliveries resumed in the third quarter after the interpretation of new government regulation was issued in June, however we expect the market for conventional vaccines to take longer to fully recover. Our Bilive sales decline was due to increased sales returns as the delayed supply reduced the shelf life of the vaccine in the channel, while our Anflu sales decline was a result of less vaccine produced during this challenging environment."
"We continued to make progress on our pipeline programs with the continuation of clinical trials of our varicella vaccine, Sabin IPV (sIPV) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPV). Heading into the fourth quarter, we expect EV71 vaccine sales to remain our leading revenue contributor," concluded Mr. Yin.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sinovac Biotech (SVA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Names Interim CFO
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!