Sina Corp (SINA) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Raises Outlook
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sina Corp (NASDAQ: SINA) reported Q2 EPS of $0.27, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.15. Revenue for the quarter came in at $244 million versus the consensus estimate of $231.69 million.
Sina Corp sees FY2016 revenue of $.950-1 billion, versus prior guidance of $850-950 billion and the consensus of $951.56 billion.
"We are delighted that SINA continued to firmly execute its mobile strategy and delivered solid results in the second quarter." said Charles Chao, Chairman and CEO of SINA. "For our portal business, we witness sustainable growth of mobile traffic, with the daily active users of SINA News application increasing significantly quarter over quarter. Mobile monetization for portal has further elevated, with 48% of total portal advertising revenues contributed from the mobile devices." Mr. Chao added.
"Our Weibo continued its strong user growth momentum, thanks to the effective channels we have built for user penetration and the optimized user experience we cultivated in short video and live contents consumption." said Mr. Chao. "On the other hand, Weibo has demonstrated strong platform value proposition to a diversified customer base with significant growth in advertising revenues from key accounts and small and medium enterprises. We are also delighted to see continuing operating margin expansion for Weibo, strongly demonstrating operating leverage of the platform." Mr. Chao concluded.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sina Corp (SINA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Photronics (PLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views
- SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Guides Q4, FY17