Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Misses Q2 EPS by 5c
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.22, $0.05 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.27. Revenue for the quarter came in at $231.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $237.22 million.
Comparable store sales increased 0.5 percent in the second quarter of 2016
“Our non-athletic footwear categories, particularly sandals, performed well in the second quarter. Shoe Perks, our loyalty program, continued to be a valuable tool for us as we increased shopping frequency and average order value across our most loyal customers to report an eighth consecutive quarterly increase in comparable store sales,” stated Cliff Sifford, Shoe Carnival’s President and CEO. “We remain focused on the execution of our multi-channel strategic initiatives to fuel future growth in sales and profitability. Going forward, we have confidence in our opportunities and our ability to capitalize on them while maintaining the financial flexibility to continue our commitment of returning value to our shareholders through share repurchases and consistent dividend payments.”
Shoe Carnival sees FY2016 EPS of $1.58-$1.65, versus the consensus of $1.62. Shoe Carnival sees FY2016 revenue of $1.012-1.016 billion, versus the consensus of $1.02 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Shoe Carnival (SCVL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Civista Bancshares (CIVB) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Citizens Holding (CIZN) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.36
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!