Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Misses Q2 EPS by 5c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.22, $0.05 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.27. Revenue for the quarter came in at $231.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $237.22 million.
Comparable store sales increased 0.5 percent in the second quarter of 2016
“Our non-athletic footwear categories, particularly sandals, performed well in the second quarter. Shoe Perks, our loyalty program, continued to be a valuable tool for us as we increased shopping frequency and average order value across our most loyal customers to report an eighth consecutive quarterly increase in comparable store sales,” stated Cliff Sifford, Shoe Carnival’s President and CEO. “We remain focused on the execution of our multi-channel strategic initiatives to fuel future growth in sales and profitability. Going forward, we have confidence in our opportunities and our ability to capitalize on them while maintaining the financial flexibility to continue our commitment of returning value to our shareholders through share repurchases and consistent dividend payments.”
Shoe Carnival sees FY2016 EPS of $1.58-$1.65, versus the consensus of $1.62. Shoe Carnival sees FY2016 revenue of $1.012-1.016 billion, versus the consensus of $1.02 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Shoe Carnival (SCVL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Kroger (KR) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Comps Miss Views; FY17 EPS Guidance Inline with Views
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!