Shake Shack (SHAK) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Comps Light of Expectations
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 10, 2016 4:09 PM EDT)
Shake Shack (NYSE: SHAK) reported Q2 EPS of $0.14, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $66.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $63.11 million.
Comps rose 4.5 percent, versus a gain of 5.4 percent expected.
Updated 2016 Outlook
For the fiscal year ending December 28, 2016, the Company is revising its financial outlook to the following:
- Total revenue between $253 million and $256 million (vs. $245 million to $249 million). (The Street sees revenue of $252 million.)
- Same-Shack sales growth between 4% and 5%.
- 18 (vs. 16) total new domestic company-operated Shacks to be opened in 2016.
- Seven licensed Shacks, net of a relocation (an increase of one Shack from the previous guidance).
- Approximately 50 basis points (vs. 75 to 100 basis points) of deleverage in labor and related expenses as a percentage of Shack sales, on a year-over-year basis.
- Adjusted pro forma effective tax rate between 40% and 41%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Shake Shack (SHAK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Comps Rose 2.1%
- Donegal Group (DGICA) Misses Q3 EPS by 5c
- First Capital (FCAP) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.53
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!