Shake Shack (SHAK) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Comps Light of Expectations
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 10, 2016 4:09 PM EDT)
Shake Shack (NYSE: SHAK) reported Q2 EPS of $0.14, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $66.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $63.11 million.
Comps rose 4.5 percent, versus a gain of 5.4 percent expected.
Updated 2016 Outlook
For the fiscal year ending December 28, 2016, the Company is revising its financial outlook to the following:
- Total revenue between $253 million and $256 million (vs. $245 million to $249 million). (The Street sees revenue of $252 million.)
- Same-Shack sales growth between 4% and 5%.
- 18 (vs. 16) total new domestic company-operated Shacks to be opened in 2016.
- Seven licensed Shacks, net of a relocation (an increase of one Shack from the previous guidance).
- Approximately 50 basis points (vs. 75 to 100 basis points) of deleverage in labor and related expenses as a percentage of Shack sales, on a year-over-year basis.
- Adjusted pro forma effective tax rate between 40% and 41%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Shake Shack (SHAK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!