Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) Misses Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides In-Line
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.30), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.28). Revenue for the quarter came in at $402.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $370 million.
Scotts Miracle-Gro sees FY2017 EPS of $4.10-$4.30, versus the consensus of $4.29.
“This was an outstanding season and a giant step forward in the execution of our long-term strategic plan,” said Jim Hagedorn, chairman and chief executive officer. “Not only did our core business have an exceptional recovery after weather-related challenges at the peak of the season, we also completed the joint venture between Scotts LawnService and TruGreen, closed on two major hydroponics acquisitions and created a new partnership with Bonnie Plants. As we enter Year 2 of ‘Project Focus,’ we will continue with the reconfiguration of our portfolio to add emphasis on our core U.S. consumer business and emerging high-growth opportunities under the Hawthorne Gardening Company umbrella.
“Overall, we remain optimistic about our company-wide growth prospects for 2017 and remain on track to achieve our long-term operating margin goal of 18 percent.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Toro Company (TTC) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!