Sanofi (SNY) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Boosts EPS Outlook; Approves EUR 3.5B Stock Buyback Plan
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) reported Q3 EPS of €1.30, €0.45 better than the analyst estimate of €0.85. Revenue for the quarter came in at €9.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of €10.52 billion.
Business EPS rose 11.2 percent to €1.79.
Sanofi also announced initiation of a €3.5 billion share repurchase program, which it expects to complete by YE17.
We have generated solid sales momentum in the third quarter and seen a strong contribution to our financial performance from savings and efficiencies arising from our more focused organization. As a result, we are able to increase our FY 2016 Business EPS guidance. In addition, we have continued to work diligently to progress our major launches and the pipeline. With the filing of Dupixent®, we now have another important product under FDA review which we believe will enhance Sanofi’s growth profile in the coming years, CEO Olivier Brandicourt.
Given the performance in the first nine months, Sanofi now expects 2016 Business EPS to grow between 3 and 5 percent at CER, barring unforeseen major adverse events.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sanofi (SNY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Destination Maternity (DEST) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.09/Share; Comps Fell 5.2%
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!