SM Energy (SM) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
SM Energy (NYSE: SM) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.52), $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.59). Revenue for the quarter came in at $352 million versus the consensus estimate of $370.86 million.
“Our confidence in our ability to realize exceptional value from these newly acquired properties is based on our outstanding operational competence. Our third quarter results again demonstrate excellent execution in operations with production higher and costs lower than expectations. Our operations team is quickly integrating activities on our acreage acquired from Rock Oil, actively incorporating learnings from completion improvement and down-spacing tests, and continuing to trade and bolt-on acreage across our positions to enable the drilling of longer lateral wells. We are executing our due diligence on QStar and closely monitoring field operations where early rates on a recent 9,700’ well look terrific. We are keenly focused on bringing value forward in the Permian Basin, and our continued improvements in well performance and the potential to increase long lateral inventory are key drivers of value creation.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SM Energy (SM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- BMO Financial Group (BMO) Tops Q4 EPS by 25c
- Photronics (PLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!