Ryerson Inc. (RYI) Misses Q3 EPS by 6c
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ryerson Inc. (NYSE: RYI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.28, $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.34. Revenue for the quarter came in at $735.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $744.58 million.
“The Ryerson Team performed well in a challenging environment,” said Ryerson’s President and Chief Executive Officer Eddie Lehner. “While industrial metals demand continued to contract year over year and decline sequentially more than indicative historical trends, and spot carbon sheet index pricing fell almost 20% in the quarter, Ryerson was able to increase gross margin, net income, and earnings per share in the third quarter compared to prior year.
I want to thank our customers for their continued support as we continue building a Ryerson known for exceptional customer experiences. Despite an industrial metals climate characterized by deflation and demand contraction, under-investment in many of the world’s largest economies, most notably the U.S., is receiving the attention if not action it deserves as the deleterious impacts of break-fix and haphazard investment result in declining productivity and stagnation. Over the longer term, the execution of our strategy centered upon the elements of speed, scale, value-add, culture and analytics will accrete value for all Ryerson stakeholders as investments in productivity-enhancing machinery & equipment and infrastructure are expected to return to required norms.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ryerson Inc. (RYI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Offers FY17 Outlook; Provides Expectations for 2020
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!