Reliance Steel (RS) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c; Guides Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Reliance Steel (NYSE: RS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.25, $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.32. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.19 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.22 billion.
Reliance Steel sees Q4 2016 EPS of $0.65-$0.75, versus the consensus of $1.03.
Reliance management continues to believe the U.S. economy is generally healthy and anticipates a continued slow recovery. However, given increased uncertainty in the market at this time, along with normal seasonal patterns that result in fewer shipping days in the fourth quarter due to holiday-related customer closures, the Company is cautious in regard to both business activity levels and metals pricing in the fourth quarter of 2016. Reliance management estimates tons sold to be down 5% to 7% in the fourth quarter of 2016 compared to the third quarter of 2016. Further, management believes that metals pricing for most of the Company’s products will experience continued downward pressure in the fourth quarter of 2016 and therefore expects its average selling price will be down 1% to 3% from the third quarter of 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Reliance Steel (RS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!