Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (NASDAQ: PLKI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.59, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.53. Revenue for the quarter came in at $64 million versus the consensus estimate of $64.92 million.
- global same store sales of 1.8%,
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen sees FY2016 EPS of $2.10-$2.15, versus the consensus of $2.09.
See the below table for current guidance:
|Prior Guidance||Current Guidance|
|Full Year 2016||(08/16/2016)||(11/09/2016)|
|Reported Diluted EPS - GAAP||$2.10 to $2.15||$2.00 to $2.05|
|Adjusted Diluted EPS - Non-GAAP||$2.10 to $2.15|
Lower end of range of $2.10 to $2.15
|Same store sales growth||1.0% to 2.0%||1.0% to 2.0%|
|New global restaurant openings||200 to 235||200 to 235|
|International openings||85 to 100||85 to 100|
|Company-operated restaurant openings||2||2|
|Net new global restaurant openings||140 to 185; net new unit growth of approximately 6% to 7%||140 to 185; net new unit growth of approximately 6% to 7%|
|General and administrative expenses||2.9% to 3.0% of system-wide sales||$90 to 92 million; approximately 2.8% of system-wide sales|
|Capital expenditures||$10 to $15 million||$15 to $17 million|
|Share repurchases||$80 to $120 million||approximately $100 million|
|Effective income tax rate||approximately 38%||approximately 38%|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!