Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS, Offers FY Guidance
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (NASDAQ: PLKI) reported Q2 EPS of $0.47, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $61.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $63.39 million.
Total domestic same-store sales were flat, compared to a 7.9% increase in the second quarter of 2015
Fiscal 2016 Guidance:
- Based on performance through the second quarter, the Company is making the following adjustments to guidance for the full-year fiscal 2016:
- System-wide same-store sales growth in the range of 1.0% to 2.0%, a decrease from previous guidance in the range of 2.0% to 3.0%.
- Two new Company-operated restaurant openings, a decrease from previous guidance of three to five.
In addition, the Company reiterates the following guidance for full year fiscal 2016:
- New restaurant openings in the range of 200 to 235, including approximately 85 to 100 internationally.
- Net new restaurant openings in the range of 140 to 185, for a net new unit growth rate of approximately 6% to 7%.
- General and administrative expenses to be approximately 2.9% to 3.0% of system-wide sales, maintaining an investment rate that supports long-term growth.
- Capital expenditures to be in the range of $10 million to $15 million, including approximately $10 million for new Company-operated restaurants and other capital improvements at existing restaurants.
- Earnings per diluted share and adjusted earnings per diluted share to be in the range of $2.10 to $2.15.
- Share repurchases of $80 million to $120 million in outstanding shares, compared to $62 million in 2015, with $60 million purchased from operating cash flows and up to $60 million from additional borrowings.
- Effective income tax rate in 2016 to be approximately 38%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- MeetMe (MEET) Announces Strong CPM Data for November 2016; Reaffirms Q4, FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!