Planet Fitness (PLNT) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.17; Issues Solid Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) reported Q2 EPS of $0.17, versus $0.00 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $91.5 million, versus $78.95 million reported last year.
Planet Fitness sees FY2016 EPS of $0.63-$0.66. Planet Fitness sees FY2016 revenue of $366-372 million.
Christopher Rondeau, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Following a strong start to the year our business accelerated during the second quarter highlighted by system-wide same store sales growth of 7.6%. We continue to successfully attract new members to our affordable, non-intimidating fitness offering, including a large percentage of first time gym users. Membership growth at our legacy stores as well as our newly opened locations are fueling strong gains in our high margin franchise segment. We believe this trend will continue as our group of well capitalized franchisees is on schedule to open a record number of new stores this year and we continue to leverage the power of our national advertising fund to drive brand awareness. We have never been more excited about the future growth prospects for Planet Fitness or as confident in the potential of our business model to drive significant long-term value for our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Planet Fitness (PLNT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Misses Q4 EPS by 5c
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!