Planet Fitness (PLNT) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.17; Issues Solid Outlook
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) reported Q2 EPS of $0.17, versus $0.00 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $91.5 million, versus $78.95 million reported last year.
Planet Fitness sees FY2016 EPS of $0.63-$0.66. Planet Fitness sees FY2016 revenue of $366-372 million.
Christopher Rondeau, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Following a strong start to the year our business accelerated during the second quarter highlighted by system-wide same store sales growth of 7.6%. We continue to successfully attract new members to our affordable, non-intimidating fitness offering, including a large percentage of first time gym users. Membership growth at our legacy stores as well as our newly opened locations are fueling strong gains in our high margin franchise segment. We believe this trend will continue as our group of well capitalized franchisees is on schedule to open a record number of new stores this year and we continue to leverage the power of our national advertising fund to drive brand awareness. We have never been more excited about the future growth prospects for Planet Fitness or as confident in the potential of our business model to drive significant long-term value for our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Planet Fitness (PLNT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
- Wipro (WIT) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 Revenue Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!