Planet Fitness (PLNT) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.17; Issues Solid Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) reported Q2 EPS of $0.17, versus $0.00 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $91.5 million, versus $78.95 million reported last year.
Planet Fitness sees FY2016 EPS of $0.63-$0.66. Planet Fitness sees FY2016 revenue of $366-372 million.
Christopher Rondeau, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Following a strong start to the year our business accelerated during the second quarter highlighted by system-wide same store sales growth of 7.6%. We continue to successfully attract new members to our affordable, non-intimidating fitness offering, including a large percentage of first time gym users. Membership growth at our legacy stores as well as our newly opened locations are fueling strong gains in our high margin franchise segment. We believe this trend will continue as our group of well capitalized franchisees is on schedule to open a record number of new stores this year and we continue to leverage the power of our national advertising fund to drive brand awareness. We have never been more excited about the future growth prospects for Planet Fitness or as confident in the potential of our business model to drive significant long-term value for our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Planet Fitness (PLNT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Five Below (FIVE) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Offers Q4 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!