Pixelworks (PXLW) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.04), in-line with the analyst estimate of ($0.04). Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $13.52 million.
President and CEO of Pixelworks, Todd DeBonis, commented, “Third quarter revenue and earnings per share were both at the high-end of our guidance, reflecting continued sequential improvement across our business. Our projector business benefited from increased traction throughout the quarter as order patterns from OEMs and distributors began to normalize following the channel disruptions experienced earlier this year. In our mobile business, we are now sampling our 3rd generation IRIS processor at key smartphone and tablet customers, which in addition to having a smaller footprint and improved power consumption also enables OEMs to differentiate their devices with a superior mobile viewing experience. I’m also pleased to announce the appointment of Ting Xiong as Pixelworks’ senior VP of worldwide sales, who will be based in China and most recently headed the APAC sales organization at Qorvo’s IDP group. Ting fills-out our sales footprint and combined with other additions to the team earlier in the year gives us broad sales coverage across all of the key mobile markets in Asia.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Pixelworks (PXLW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!