Perry Ellis Int'l (PERY) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c; Maintains Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Perry Ellis Int'l (NASDAQ: PERY) reported Q3 EPS of $0.23, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.15. Revenue for the quarter came in at $194 million versus the consensus estimate of $194.67 million.
Perry Ellis Int'l sees FY2017 EPS of $1.95-$2.00, versus the consensus of $1.98.
Oscar Feldenkreis, Chief Executive Officer of Perry Ellis International commented: “We are pleased with our third quarter results, which were ahead of our expectations, continuing our positive momentum from the first half of the year. Revenues declined in total, reflecting the balance of the impact of the exit of non-core brands and negative currency exchange rates. Importantly, we delivered growth in our key lifestyle brands of Perry Ellis and Golf Lifestyle as well as Nike swim, expansion in gross margin and expense discipline, which combined drove a solid increase in adjusted diluted earnings per share over the prior year quarter. We attribute our consistent positive performance to the intense focus on what we do best – bringing relevant, innovative product to the marketplace, intensifying our relationships with consumers and driving operational excellence across all areas of our business. We ended the quarter with extremely clean inventory levels and brands and businesses well positioned for the final quarter of the year.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Perry Ellis Int'l (PERY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!