PerkinElmer (PKI) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Narrows Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
PerkinElmer (NYSE: PKI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.68, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.66. Revenue for the quarter came in at $548 million versus the consensus estimate of $572.03 million.
PerkinElmer sees FY2016 EPS of $2.75-$2.77, versus the consensus of $2.80.
“During the third quarter we continued to drive solid operational improvements across the Company resulting in strong margin expansion and EPS growth, however our top line performance was disappointing as our capital intensive businesses experienced challenging market conditions,” said Robert Friel, chairman and chief executive officer of PerkinElmer. “We believe the strong profit performance this quarter and year-to-date validates the steps we are taking to rebalance the portfolio and the recent realignment of our operating segments into Diagnostics and Discovery & Analytical Solutions will help us accelerate that transition.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PerkinElmer (PKI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Kroger (KR) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Comps Miss Views; FY17 EPS Guidance Inline with Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!