Parexel (PRXL) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Guides Below, Announces $200M Stock Buyback Plan
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Parexel (NASDAQ: PRXL) reported Q1 EPS of $0.76, $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.86. Revenue for the quarter came in at $0 versus the consensus estimate of $524.79 million.
Board approved new $200 million share repurchase program.
Parexel sees FY2017 EPS of $3.71-$4.05, versus the consensus of $4.57.
“At the same time, we are encouraged by our continued strong gross new business awards in the quarter, which we believe speak to the strength of our competitive offering,” Mr. von Rickenbach continued. “Ongoing corporate development activities, such as the recent acquisition of ExecuPharm, are expected to contribute to revenue growth. PAREXEL is also committed to maximizing shareholder value through sustained margin improvement and effective capital deployment, including a new $200 million share repurchase program. As a result of these actions, we expect to deliver double-digit adjusted diluted EPS growth for the Fiscal Year at the midpoint of our guidance range."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Parexel (PRXL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) to Present Five-Year Growth Plan at Investor Conference
- TerraForm Power (TERP) Posts Q1 Loss of 1c/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!