Ophthotech Corp (OPHT) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Ophthotech Corp (NASDAQ: OPHT) reported Q3 EPS of ($1.71), $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of ($1.64). Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.67 million versus the consensus estimate of $6.2 million.
- The Company expects to announce initial topline data from two Phase 3 trials of Fovista® (pegpleranib) in combination with Lucentis® (ranibizumab) for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in this fourth quarter. A third Phase 3 trial investigating Fovista® in combination with either Eylea® (aflibercept) or Avastin® (bevacizumab) completed patient recruitment in June 2016. The Company expects initial topline data from this third Phase 3 trial to be available in the second half of 2017.
- Results from Ophthotech’s Phase 2b Fovista® combination therapy study in wet AMD patients were published in October 2016 in Ophthalmology®, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. The published article, “Dual Antagonism of PDGF and VEGF in Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration,” can be accessed online under "Articles in Press" at: http://www.aaojournal.org/inpress.
- Ophthotech continues to enroll patients in its Phase 2/3 trial of Zimura® in patients with geographic atrophy, an advanced form of dry AMD. In addition, its Phase 2 trial evaluating the potential role of Zimura® when administered in combination with anti-VEGF drugs for the treatment of wet AMD has been activated.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ophthotech Corp (OPHT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- IHS Markit (INFO) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides In-Line
- IBM (IBM): No Fireworks Needed, Just Evidence of Transition - Drexel Hamilton
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!