Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Och-Ziff Capital Management (NYSE: OZM) reported Q3 EPS of $0.05, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.06.
- Och-Ziff reached settlements with the U.S. Department of Justice (“the DOJ”) and the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (“the SEC”) in connection with their Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) investigations, and agreed to a monetary settlement in the amount of $412.1 million, which was paid in October 2016 (“FCPA settlements”).
- Certain of the Company’s executive managing directors agreed to purchase up to $400 million of Class A Cumulative Preferred Units (the “Preferred Units”), the proceeds of which was used in part to pay the FCPA settlements. The remainder will be used for general corporate purposes.
- Distributable Earnings in the 2016 third quarter were $198.0 million, or $0.38 per Adjusted Class A Share, which reflects the one-time effect of reversing the amount accrued for payments due under the tax receivable agreement (“TRA”) for the 2015 and 2016 tax years. Excluding the effect of this reversal and a small adjustment for the FCPA settlements, Distributable Earnings in the 2016 third quarter were$51.9 million, or $0.10 per Adjusted Class A Share.
- Assets under management totaled $39.3 billion as of September 30, 2016, decreasing 12% year-over-year, primarily due to net outflows from the Company’s multi-strategy funds.
- Assets under management in the Company’s dedicated credit, real estate and other single-strategy funds were $15.9 billion, comprising 41% of assets under management as of September 30, 2016,increasing 5% year-over-year.
- Estimated assets under management totaled $37.0 billion as of November 1, 2016.
“The third quarter was an important one for the Firm,” said Dan Och, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Och-Ziff. “We saw strong performance across our products and strategies and put the FCPA investigation behind us. We’re pleased that the positive performance trend has continued into the fourth quarter and look forward to the road ahead.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
- Lee Enterprises (LEE) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.14
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!