Oceaneering (OII) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oceaneering (NYSE: ) reported Q3 EPS of $0.17, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $549 million versus the consensus estimate of $598.56 million.
M. Kevin McEvoy, Chief Executive Officer of Oceaneering, stated, "On an adjusted basis, our third quarter operating results were in line with our expectations and the consensus estimate. However, the leading indicator for deepwater activity, contracted floating rigs, continued to decline, as the rate of rigs being idled, either by contract termination or expiration, continued unabated. This prevailing market condition required us to reassess the number of ROVs we have in our fleet, as well as the associated inventory. As a result of our reassessment, we recorded a $36.0 million charge related to our retirement of 39 ROVs this quarter (for a net book value of $10.8 million) and established a $25.2 million reserve for excess inventory. We also scrutinized assets in our Subsea Products segment and recorded an $8.2 million charge, related predominantly to tools and inventory in our portfolio used to support deepwater drilling and operations.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Oceaneering (OII) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Ferrellgas Partners (FGP) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!