Novartis (NVS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Novartis (NYSE: NVS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.23, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $1.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.13 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.24 billion.Novartis reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
Strong pipeline progress with key data readouts, filings and regulatory decisions in Q3
- LEE011 plus letrozole demonstrated superior PFS as first-line treatment of HR+/HER2-advanced breast cancer vs. letrozole alone; granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation
- BAF312 in SPMS3 met primary endpoint, significantly reducing risk of disability progression
- AMG 334 met primary endpoint in first Phase III episodic migraine study
- Ilaris received three new FDA approvals for Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Sandoz biosimilar etanercept, Erelzi, received FDA approval
Entresto (USD 53 million in Q3) grew steadily; FY sales guidance of ~USD 0.2 billion confirmed
Continuing to invest in Alcon growth plan
- Contact lenses delivered another quarter of growth; Dailies Total1 Multifocal launches in US and EU expected to continue growth trajectory
- Innovation continued to accelerate in Surgical with FDA approvals for CyPass, UltraSert Toric IOL
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Novartis (NVS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Berenberg Downgrades Novartis (NVS) to Hold
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesS3, Earnings, Alcon Acquired by Novartis
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!