Novartis (NVS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Novartis (NYSE: NVS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.23, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $1.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.13 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.24 billion.Novartis reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
Strong pipeline progress with key data readouts, filings and regulatory decisions in Q3
- LEE011 plus letrozole demonstrated superior PFS as first-line treatment of HR+/HER2-advanced breast cancer vs. letrozole alone; granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation
- BAF312 in SPMS3 met primary endpoint, significantly reducing risk of disability progression
- AMG 334 met primary endpoint in first Phase III episodic migraine study
- Ilaris received three new FDA approvals for Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Sandoz biosimilar etanercept, Erelzi, received FDA approval
Entresto (USD 53 million in Q3) grew steadily; FY sales guidance of ~USD 0.2 billion confirmed
Continuing to invest in Alcon growth plan
- Contact lenses delivered another quarter of growth; Dailies Total1 Multifocal launches in US and EU expected to continue growth trajectory
- Innovation continued to accelerate in Surgical with FDA approvals for CyPass, UltraSert Toric IOL
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Novartis (NVS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Novartis LEE011 (ribociclib) plus letrozole analyses show superior PFS across broad spectrum of patients in first-line HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer versus letrozole
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Names Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesS3, Earnings, Alcon Acquired by Novartis
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!