Northern Trust (NTRS) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Northern Trust (NASDAQ: NTRS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.08, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.22 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.25 billion.
“Northern Trust performed well in the third quarter of 2016, producing 1.3 points of positive operating leverage and driving our expense-to-fee ratio lower to 107%. Total revenue grew 5% versus one year ago, with strong growth in net interest income and steady growth in trust, investment and other servicing fees, partially offset by lower foreign exchange trading income. Expenses were well managed, growing 4% versus one year ago. Earnings per share of $1.08 increased a strong 13% compared to one year ago, and we increased our quarterly cash dividend by 6% to $0.38 per common share,” said Frederick H. Waddell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Northern Trust (NTRS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Trading Radar for 12/7: lululemon (LULU), SecureWorks (SCWX), Vera Bradley (VRA), Tailored Brands (TLRD) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!