Northern Trust (NTRS) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Northern Trust (NASDAQ: NTRS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.08, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.22 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.25 billion.
“Northern Trust performed well in the third quarter of 2016, producing 1.3 points of positive operating leverage and driving our expense-to-fee ratio lower to 107%. Total revenue grew 5% versus one year ago, with strong growth in net interest income and steady growth in trust, investment and other servicing fees, partially offset by lower foreign exchange trading income. Expenses were well managed, growing 4% versus one year ago. Earnings per share of $1.08 increased a strong 13% compared to one year ago, and we increased our quarterly cash dividend by 6% to $0.38 per common share,” said Frederick H. Waddell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Northern Trust (NTRS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- Allergan (AGN) Updates on ASR Program; ~$8B of Shares Received, Retired in Nov.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!