Nordstrom (JWN) Tops Q3 EPS by 33c, Raises FY Guidance
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.84, $0.33 better than the analyst estimate of $0.51. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.54 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.48 billion. Comps increased 2.4%.
Nordstrom sees FY2016 EPS of $2.85-$2.95, versus prior guidance of $2.60-$2.75 and the consensus of $2.73.
Current Outlook, excluding impairmentcharge
|Net sales (percent)||2.5 to 4.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase|
|Comparable sales (percent)||1 decrease to 1 increase||Approximately flat||Approximately flat|
|Retail EBIT (percent)||10 to 15 decrease||5 to 10 decrease||30 to 35 decrease|
|Credit EBIT (million)||Approximately $80||Approximately $90||Approximately $90|
|Earnings per diluted share (excluding the impact of any future share repurchases)||$2.60 to $2.75||$2.85 to $2.95||$1.70 to $1.80|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordstrom (JWN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- SunTrust Banks (STI) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Rockwell Collins (COL) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!