Nordstrom (JWN) Tops Q3 EPS by 33c, Raises FY Guidance
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.84, $0.33 better than the analyst estimate of $0.51. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.54 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.48 billion. Comps increased 2.4%.
Nordstrom sees FY2016 EPS of $2.85-$2.95, versus prior guidance of $2.60-$2.75 and the consensus of $2.73.
Current Outlook, excluding impairmentcharge
|Net sales (percent)||2.5 to 4.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase|
|Comparable sales (percent)||1 decrease to 1 increase||Approximately flat||Approximately flat|
|Retail EBIT (percent)||10 to 15 decrease||5 to 10 decrease||30 to 35 decrease|
|Credit EBIT (million)||Approximately $80||Approximately $90||Approximately $90|
|Earnings per diluted share (excluding the impact of any future share repurchases)||$2.60 to $2.75||$2.85 to $2.95||$1.70 to $1.80|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordstrom (JWN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
- Christopher & Banks (CBK) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Q4 Revenue Outlook Light of Views
- MeetMe (MEET) Announces Strong CPM Data for November 2016; Reaffirms Q4, FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!