Nordstrom (JWN) Tops Q3 EPS by 33c, Raises FY Guidance
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.84, $0.33 better than the analyst estimate of $0.51. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.54 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.48 billion. Comps increased 2.4%.
Nordstrom sees FY2016 EPS of $2.85-$2.95, versus prior guidance of $2.60-$2.75 and the consensus of $2.73.
Current Outlook, excluding impairmentcharge
|Net sales (percent)||2.5 to 4.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase||Approximately 3.5 increase|
|Comparable sales (percent)||1 decrease to 1 increase||Approximately flat||Approximately flat|
|Retail EBIT (percent)||10 to 15 decrease||5 to 10 decrease||30 to 35 decrease|
|Credit EBIT (million)||Approximately $80||Approximately $90||Approximately $90|
|Earnings per diluted share (excluding the impact of any future share repurchases)||$2.60 to $2.75||$2.85 to $2.95||$1.70 to $1.80|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordstrom (JWN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!