Nordson Corp. (NDSN) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c; Guides Q4 EPS to Strong-Side of Views
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nordson Corp. (NASDAQ: NDSN) reported Q3 EPS of $1.46, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $1.33. Revenue for the quarter came in at $490 million versus the consensus estimate of $479.75 million.
Order Rates and Backlog
Order rates for the 12-week period ending August 14, 2016, measured in constant currency, increased by 16 percent over the same period a year ago. Order rates by segment and geography are provided in the accompanying financial tables, with pro-forma growth in order rates calculated as though fiscal year 2015 acquisitions were owned in both years.
Backlog for the quarter ended July 31, 2016 was approximately $333 million, an increase of 22 percent compared to the same period a year ago, and inclusive of 20 percent organic growth and 2 percent growth due to acquisitions. Backlog amounts are calculated at July 31, 2016 exchange rates.
Nordson Corp. sees Q4 2016 EPS of $1.15-$1.27, versus the consensus of $1.15. Sees Q4 sales up 6 - 10 percent.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordson Corp. (NDSN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tennant Co. (TNC) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- First Merchants Corp (FRME) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!