Nordson Corp. (NDSN) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c; Guides Q4 EPS to Strong-Side of Views
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Nordson Corp. (NASDAQ: NDSN) reported Q3 EPS of $1.46, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $1.33. Revenue for the quarter came in at $490 million versus the consensus estimate of $479.75 million.
Order Rates and Backlog
Order rates for the 12-week period ending August 14, 2016, measured in constant currency, increased by 16 percent over the same period a year ago. Order rates by segment and geography are provided in the accompanying financial tables, with pro-forma growth in order rates calculated as though fiscal year 2015 acquisitions were owned in both years.
Backlog for the quarter ended July 31, 2016 was approximately $333 million, an increase of 22 percent compared to the same period a year ago, and inclusive of 20 percent organic growth and 2 percent growth due to acquisitions. Backlog amounts are calculated at July 31, 2016 exchange rates.
Nordson Corp. sees Q4 2016 EPS of $1.15-$1.27, versus the consensus of $1.15. Sees Q4 sales up 6 - 10 percent.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordson Corp. (NDSN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Methode Electronics (MEI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Boosts FY17 EPS Guidance
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!