Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nike (NYSE: NKE) reported Q1 EPS of $0.73, $0.17 better than the analyst estimate of $0.56. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.06 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.87 billion.
Greater China revenue rose 21%, ex. FX, and North America revenue rose 6%.
Futures orders rose 7%,, est. up 8%.
“Fueled by an incredible summer of sport, NIKE delivered strong global growth—and led the industry through disruptive innovation,” said Mark Parker, Chairman, President and CEO, NIKE, Inc. “Q1 also showed how we’re amplifying every category through sports style innovation, transforming retail by connecting the digital and physical experience and ushering in a new Era of Personalized Performance – through product, consumer connections and our supply chain. NIKE’s strategic investments in these growth opportunities continue to deliver long-term value to our shareholders."
- Inventories for NIKE, Inc. were $4.9 billion, up 11 percent from August 31, 2015, driven by a 3 percent increase in NIKE Brand wholesale unit inventories, increases in average product cost per unit, and growth in the DTC business.
- Cash and short-term investments were $4.8 billion, $621 million lower than last year as growth in net income and proceeds from the issuance of debt in the second quarter of fiscal 2016 were more than offset by share repurchases, investments in working capital and infrastructure, higher dividends, and a reduction in collateral received from counterparties to foreign currency hedging instruments.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nike (NKE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!