Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; Guides FY16 EPS Below the Street
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nielsen Holdings (NYSE: NLSN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.74, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.76. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.57 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.59 billion.
Nielsen Holdings sees FY2016 EPS of $2.73-$2.79, versus the consensus of $2.87.
“Our revenue grew in the third quarter, despite a more challenging environment, highlighting the strength of our balanced portfolio. In the Watch segment, market adoption of Total Audience continues to grow at a healthy clip. Digital Content Ratings are now fully syndicated and the industry is moving forward to a new ratings standard anchored by our Total Audience Measurement system, which is well-positioned to play an important role in the 2017 upfronts,” said Mitch Barns, Chief Executive Officer of Nielsen.
Barns continued, “In the Buy segment, while emerging markets continued to produce top-line growth, our results in the developed markets were disappointing, particularly in the U.S. Many of our clients are seeking efficiency and productivity in the face of a challenging growth environment. Given these evolving needs, we are realigning our portfolio by exiting non-core services, reallocating resources and accelerating our investments in our strategic initiatives to help our clients grow and to better position our business for the future. In short, our Buy business is working through a process of change that is similar to what we’ve been executing on successfully in our Watch business.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPL Corp. (PPL) to Reiterate 2016 Earnings Guidance at Upcoming Analyst/Investor Meetings
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Sees FY17 Distributable Cash Flow of $4.46B
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!