Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; Guides FY16 EPS Below the Street
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Nielsen Holdings (NYSE: NLSN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.74, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.76. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.57 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.59 billion.
Nielsen Holdings sees FY2016 EPS of $2.73-$2.79, versus the consensus of $2.87.
“Our revenue grew in the third quarter, despite a more challenging environment, highlighting the strength of our balanced portfolio. In the Watch segment, market adoption of Total Audience continues to grow at a healthy clip. Digital Content Ratings are now fully syndicated and the industry is moving forward to a new ratings standard anchored by our Total Audience Measurement system, which is well-positioned to play an important role in the 2017 upfronts,” said Mitch Barns, Chief Executive Officer of Nielsen.
Barns continued, “In the Buy segment, while emerging markets continued to produce top-line growth, our results in the developed markets were disappointing, particularly in the U.S. Many of our clients are seeking efficiency and productivity in the face of a challenging growth environment. Given these evolving needs, we are realigning our portfolio by exiting non-core services, reallocating resources and accelerating our investments in our strategic initiatives to help our clients grow and to better position our business for the future. In short, our Buy business is working through a process of change that is similar to what we’ve been executing on successfully in our Watch business.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Kroger (KR) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Comps Miss Views; FY17 EPS Guidance Inline with Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!