Newmont Mining (NEM) Misses Q3 EPS by 12c, Sales Miss
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Newmont Mining (NYSE: NEM) reported Q3 EPS of $0.38, $0.12 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.50. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.9 billion.
“Newmont delivered $666 million in adjusted EBITDA and $240 million in free cash flow this quarter, marking eight quarters out of the last ten with positive free cash flow. We continued to optimize our portfolio by bringing Merian into production on time and more than $150 million below budget. We are also on track to begin producing gold at Long Canyon next month – or nearly two months ahead of schedule.” said Gary Goldberg, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our team is honored to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the second year running – and believe that strong performance in this area underpins our our exceptional operational execution and balance sheet strength. We’re pleased to leverage this performance to return more capital to our investors – our gold price-linked dividend doubled during the quarter and we recently announced plans to enhance our dividend policy, which will hold the potential to increase payout levels by 100 percent or more beginning in the first quarter of 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Newmont Mining (NEM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!