NVR, Inc. (NVR) Reports Improved Q3 EPS; Revenue Rose ~9.7%
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
NVR, Inc. (NYSE: NVR) reported Q3 EPS of $28.46, versus $27.11 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.51 million, versus $1.37 million reported last year.
New orders in the third quarter of 2016 increased 7% to 3,477 units, when compared to 3,258 units in the third quarter of 2015. The average sales price of new orders was $392,800, a 4% increase when compared with the average sales price of new orders in the third quarter of 2015. The cancellation rate in the third quarter of 2016 was 18%, compared to 17% in the third quarter of 2015. Settlements increased in the third quarter of 2016 to 3,922 units, 9% higher than the third quarter of 2015. The Company's backlog of homes sold but not settled as of September 30, 2016 increased on a unit basis by 7% to 7,658 units and increased on a dollar basis by 10% to $2,981,894,000 when compared to September 30, 2015.
Homebuilding revenues for the three months ended September 30, 2016 totaled $1,507,451,000, 10% higher than the year earlier period. Gross profit margin decreased to 17.6% in the 2016 third quarter compared to 19.1% for the same period in 2015. Income before tax from the homebuilding segment totaled $167,657,000 in the third quarter of 2016, a 1% decrease compared to the third quarter of 2015.
Mortgage closed loan production of $1,055,163,000 for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016 increased by 11% when compared to the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Operating income for the mortgage banking operations during the third quarter of 2016 increased 8% to $17,346,000, compared to $16,122,000 reported for the third quarter of 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on NVR, Inc. (NVR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPL Corp. (PPL) to Reiterate 2016 Earnings Guidance at Upcoming Analyst/Investor Meetings
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!