Movado Group (MOV) Tops Q3 EPS by 19c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Movado Group (NYSE: MOV) reported Q3 EPS of $0.91, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $0.72. Revenue for the quarter came in at $179.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $174.32 million.
Movado Group sees FY2017 EPS of $1.40-$1.55, versus the consensus of $1.46. Movado Group sees FY2017 revenue of $555-560 million.
Efraim Grinberg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are pleased to report third quarter financial results at the high end of our internal expectations driven by the disciplined execution of our strategy. In a challenging retail environment which pressured sales growth, we delivered a 90 basis point expansion in gross margin, demonstrating the ongoing power of our portfolio of brands and the strength of our innovation. We believe we are well positioned for the holiday season with a strong product pipeline of traditional and connected watches. We are also excited to announce a new collaboration with Rebecca Minkoff, the renowned millennial fashion brand, with plans to launch both men’s and women’s timepieces in Spring 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Movado Group (MOV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Culp, Inc. (CFI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!