Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q3 EPS Views
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.81, versus the analyst estimate of $0.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.91 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.17 billion.
- Institutional Securities net revenues were $4.6 billion reflecting strong performance across our sales and trading franchise, continued strength in M&A advisory and subdued underwriting.
- Wealth Management net revenues were $3.9 billion and pre-tax margin was 23%.3 Fee-based asset flows for the quarter were $13.5 billion.
- Investment Management reported net revenues of $552 million with assets under management or supervision of $417 billion.
James P. Gorman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “This quarter we saw record revenues in Wealth Management and a strong performance in our Sales and Trading business. While the environment was more challenging for our equity underwriting and asset management businesses, our expense initiatives remain on track. Overall the results reflect steady progress against our long term strategic goals.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Morgan Stanley (MS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!