Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q3 EPS Views
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.81, versus the analyst estimate of $0.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.91 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.17 billion.
- Institutional Securities net revenues were $4.6 billion reflecting strong performance across our sales and trading franchise, continued strength in M&A advisory and subdued underwriting.
- Wealth Management net revenues were $3.9 billion and pre-tax margin was 23%.3 Fee-based asset flows for the quarter were $13.5 billion.
- Investment Management reported net revenues of $552 million with assets under management or supervision of $417 billion.
James P. Gorman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “This quarter we saw record revenues in Wealth Management and a strong performance in our Sales and Trading business. While the environment was more challenging for our equity underwriting and asset management businesses, our expense initiatives remain on track. Overall the results reflect steady progress against our long term strategic goals.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Morgan Stanley (MS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!