Micron Technology (MU) Reports Q4 Loss of $0.05/Share
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.05), versus ($0.08) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.22 billion, versus $2.9 billion reported last year.
"We are seeing improving market conditions in terms of both slowing supply growth and improving demand across a number of key segments," said Micron CEO Mark Durcan. "In addition, we continue to execute on our key initiatives related to the deployment of advanced technologies and products to advantage our customers."
Revenues for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 were 11 percent higher compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2016. DRAM sales volumes were up approximately 20 percent, while NAND sales volumes were up approximately 12 percent. DRAM average selling prices declined approximately 6 percent, while NAND average selling prices were relatively unchanged. The company's overall consolidated gross margin of 18 percent for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 was slightly higher compared to the third quarter due to increases in gross margin of DRAM products.
Investments in capital expenditures, net of amounts funded by partners, were $1.69 billion for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 and $5.40 billion for the full fiscal year. The company ended the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 with cash and marketable investments of $4.81 billion.
Micron Technology sees Q117 revenue of $3.55 - $3.85 billion, gross margin of 23% - 25.5%, and EPS of $0.13 - $0.21.
The Street sees Q1 revenue of $3.48 billion and EPS of $0.12.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Micron Technology (MU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!