Methanex (MEOH) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.01
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Methanex (NASDAQ: MEOH) reported Q3 adj. EPS of ($0.01), versus $0.26 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.48 million versus the consensus estimate of $2.09 million.
John Floren, President and CEO of Methanex commented, "Our third quarter Adjusted EBITDA reflects the impact of higher average realized methanol pricing along with higher sales of produced methanol compared to the second quarter. We achieved another company record this quarter with a 5% increase in sales to 2,476,000 tonnes. Sales of produced methanol was also a quarterly record of 1,860,000 tonnes. We continue to experience healthy global demand, and we estimate year-over-year demand growth at 10% as at September 30, 2016. A tighter supply/demand balance, combined with rising China thermal coal prices which pressured the cost of China production, contributed to improving methanol prices."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Methanex (MEOH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Alico (ALCO) Reports Q4 Loss of $0.41/Share
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!