Medtronic (MDT) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Reiterates Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Medtronic (NYSE: MDT) reported Q1 EPS of $1.03, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $7.17 billion.Medtronic reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
Company Reiterates FY17 Revenue Outlook and EPS Guidance.
"Q1 was another strong quarter for Medtronic, where our diversified businesses and geographies delivered solid results," said Omar Ishrak, Medtronic chairman and chief executive officer. "In addition to our solid top- and bottom-line performance, we also continue to generate significant free cash flow, and we continue to strategically deploy our capital against our priorities of reinvesting with discipline in M&A and R&D, returning substantial cash to our shareholders, and deleveraging our balance sheet."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Medtronic (MDT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Kite Realty Group Trust (KRG) Reports In-Line Q3 FFO
- Data I/o Corp (DAIO) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.08
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!