McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 8:06 AM EDT)
McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) reported Q3 EPS of $1.50, which may not compare to the analyst estimate of $1.49. EPS excluding strategic charges was $1.62. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.42 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.28 billion.
- Global comparable sales increased 3.5% vs consensus of 1.8% consensus
- third quarter comparable sales increased 1.3% in the U.S. vs 1.2% consensus
"Customers today are more informed and demand greater choice and variety when they dine out. That's why we're evolving the McDonald's experience to provide more high quality, affordable food and beverage options and convenient solutions for customers on the go," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "Our third quarter results, including our fifth consecutive quarter of positive comparable sales across all segments as well as improved restaurant profitability, are a testament to the progress we are making to satisfy the needs of today's dynamic customers."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on McDonald's (MCD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Dollar General (DG) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c; Comps Light of Views; Sees FY16 EPS at Low-End of Growth Outlook
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!