McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 8:06 AM EDT)
McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) reported Q3 EPS of $1.50, which may not compare to the analyst estimate of $1.49. EPS excluding strategic charges was $1.62. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.42 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.28 billion.
- Global comparable sales increased 3.5% vs consensus of 1.8% consensus
- third quarter comparable sales increased 1.3% in the U.S. vs 1.2% consensus
"Customers today are more informed and demand greater choice and variety when they dine out. That's why we're evolving the McDonald's experience to provide more high quality, affordable food and beverage options and convenient solutions for customers on the go," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "Our third quarter results, including our fifth consecutive quarter of positive comparable sales across all segments as well as improved restaurant profitability, are a testament to the progress we are making to satisfy the needs of today's dynamic customers."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on McDonald's (MCD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- MeetMe (MEET) Announces Strong CPM Data for November 2016; Reaffirms Q4, FY16 Outlook
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!