Malibu Boats (MBUU) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Malibu Boats (NASDAQ: MBUU) reported Q1 EPS of $0.26, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.25. Revenue for the quarter came in at $62 million versus the consensus estimate of $59.22 million.
Jack Springer, Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Malibu has again had the best first quarter in units, revenue, net income and Adjusted EBITDA in our history. We continue to meet expectations despite various international and economic uncertainties. While we continue to monitor such factors, we believe we have anticipated and positioned Malibu to be successful despite these influences.
The new product we deliver each year has been a critical driver of our success. We are fortunate that the new boats we have brought to market have been well accepted and have propelled our market share to the highest level in our history. Malibu also continues to be the company of innovation and advanced technology. Our new products and features continue to be compelling and drive the advantages of owning a Malibu boat.
Mr. Springer continued, "While the international markets continue to be challenged due to a strong U.S. dollar among other reasons, the domestic markets have been slightly stronger than we had anticipated. This strength has continued into the fall season, driven by the warm temperatures across most of the country. Especially encouraging is the West region, led by California, where we continue to see strong growth with other regions of the country also faring well. While we continue to watch the global environment, we are encouraged by the strength of the domestic market, the strength of our dealers and the strength of our product."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Malibu Boats (MBUU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Destination Maternity (DEST) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.09/Share; Comps Fell 5.2%
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!