Magal Security Systems (MAGS) Swings to Q2 Loss
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Magal Security Systems (NASDAQ: MAGS) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.12), versus $0.01 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.6 million, versus $15.7 million reported last year.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Saar Koursh, CEO of Magal, said, "We have been active on the strategic front in 2016. At the start of the second quarter, we completed the acquisition of Aimetis, adding a state-of-the-art video surveillance offering. This move has significantly broadened our product portfolio and is very much in line with our long-term strategy of evolving into an increasingly product and service focused company."
"Given the strong opportunities in our end-markets, we are investing strongly in marketing and sales and R&D at Aimetis. In addition, in the coming weeks we will be releasing the latest Aimetis' VMS software and we expect to see a resulting sales growth. Our increased operating expenses in the first half of 2016 reflect these investments and the costs associated with our acquisition of Aimetis. More broadly, in the past few months, our overall backlog has improved as we have received a number of larger orders from customers in Latin America, Africa and Israel, with deliverables towards the end of the year. This underlies our expectation that the second half of 2016 will be better than the first half," concluded Mr. Koursh.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Magal Security Systems (MAGS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Wipro (WIT) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 Revenue Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!