MGP Ingredients (MGPI) Tops Q2 EPS by 24c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MGP Ingredients (NASDAQ: MGPI) reported Q2 EPS of $0.55, $0.24 better than the analyst estimate of $0.31. Revenue for the quarter came in at $79.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $84.48 million.
2016 and Long Term Guidance
MGP is providing revised guidance for 2016. The 2016 net sales percentage growth projection has been revised downward to reflect year-to-date sales declines. The anticipated effective tax rate has improved. The three-year operating income guidance is unchanged and excludes the favorable litigation settlement and asset sale gain.
- Operating income is expected to increase by a compound annual growth rate in the ten to fifteen percent range through fiscal 2018.
- 2016 net sales are expected to decline in the low-single digits on a percentage basis.
- 2016 gross margin gains are expected to be moderate following strong 2015 improvement.
- 2016 effective tax rate is forecast to be 31%, reflecting the adoption of ASU 2016-09, and shares outstanding are expected to be approximately 16.7 million at year end.
- Due to challenging and volatile conditions in the fuel ethanol market, ICP's level of profitability is expected to be modest in 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MGP Ingredients (MGPI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!