L.B. Foster (FSTR) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.04
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
L.B. Foster (NASDAQ: FSTR) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.04), versus $0.63 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $114.6 million, versus $176.06 million reported last year.
Bob Bauer, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our third quarter results reflect the continued weakness in the freight rail and energy markets that make up the majority of our served markets. In addition, lower steel prices continue to have an unfavorable impact on our distribution businesses, which have been losing revenue from declining prices and market weakness. We continue to position our business under the assumption that current market conditions persist, and we remain focused on executing our comprehensive cost management and efficiency initiatives. We have made great progress in aligning our costs with current and expected volumes. Since the first quarter of 2016, we have increased our target for expense reductions and have taken action on over $12.0 million of annual expense reductions.” Mr. Bauer added, “We remain very focused on free cash flow generation. We have significantly reduced our capital spending throughout the year and are targeting spending rates at less than half of 2015 levels. In addition, the Board of Directors has agreed to suspend our dividend in order to redirect cash toward debt reduction.” Mr. Bauer concluded by saying, “Among the more positive developments, activity in the upstream energy market is clearly improving. As more rigs are put to work and the inventory of drilled but uncompleted wells declines, we are experiencing increased activity in our test and inspection services division. The market outlook for our precast concrete products and our European rail division also continue to look favorable.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on L.B. Foster (FSTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Regions Financial (RF) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!