Kroger (KR) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; FY16 Outlook Trimmed
- Wall St. set to open flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Kroger (NYSE: KR) reported Q2 EPS of $0.47, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.45. Revenue for the quarter came in at $26.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $26.79 billion.
Comps rose 1.7 percent, excluding fuel.
Kroger sees FY2016 EPS of $2.10-$2.20, versus prior guidance of $2.19-$2.28 and the consensus of $2.22.
For identical supermarket sales growth, excluding fuel, the company expects the remainder of 2016 to be in the 0.5% to 1.5% range, which is 1.4% to 1.8% for the full year.
The company lowered expected capital investments – excluding mergers, acquisitions and purchases of leased facilities – to $3.6 to $3.9 billion for the year. The previous expectation was $4.1 to $4.4 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kroger (KR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c
- AVX Corp. (AVX) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!