Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Tops Q2 EPS by 19c; Lowers Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.22, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $1.03. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.18 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.16 billion. Comps fell 1.8%.
Kohl's Corp. sees FY2016 EPS of $3.80-$4.00, versus prior guidance of $4.05-$4.25 and the consensus of $3.83.
Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, chief executive officer and president, said, "Our sales improved over our first quarter results, but were below our expectations. We are encouraged by the performance of juniors and young men's as we enter the Back-to-School season. Our inventory management initiatives helped us to achieve a strong increase in gross margin with ending inventory per store down significantly from last year. Our associates throughout the organization continue to effectively manage expenses in response to changing sales trends and I appreciate all of their efforts."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Changes, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!