Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Tops Q2 EPS by 19c; Lowers Outlook
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.22, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $1.03. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.18 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.16 billion. Comps fell 1.8%.
Kohl's Corp. sees FY2016 EPS of $3.80-$4.00, versus prior guidance of $4.05-$4.25 and the consensus of $3.83.
Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, chief executive officer and president, said, "Our sales improved over our first quarter results, but were below our expectations. We are encouraged by the performance of juniors and young men's as we enter the Back-to-School season. Our inventory management initiatives helped us to achieve a strong increase in gross margin with ending inventory per store down significantly from last year. Our associates throughout the organization continue to effectively manage expenses in response to changing sales trends and I appreciate all of their efforts."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Dominion Diamond (DDC) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.34/Share
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Names Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Changes, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!