Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Tops Q2 EPS by 19c; Lowers Outlook
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.22, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $1.03. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.18 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.16 billion. Comps fell 1.8%.
Kohl's Corp. sees FY2016 EPS of $3.80-$4.00, versus prior guidance of $4.05-$4.25 and the consensus of $3.83.
Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, chief executive officer and president, said, "Our sales improved over our first quarter results, but were below our expectations. We are encouraged by the performance of juniors and young men's as we enter the Back-to-School season. Our inventory management initiatives helped us to achieve a strong increase in gross margin with ending inventory per store down significantly from last year. Our associates throughout the organization continue to effectively manage expenses in response to changing sales trends and I appreciate all of their efforts."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tennant Co. (TNC) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Caterpillar (CAT) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Sales Miss
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) Reports Q3 Revenue of EUR26.8B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Changes, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!