Kellogg (K) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c; Raises Outlook
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Kellogg (NYSE: K) reported Q3 Comparable EPS of $0.96, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.87. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.25 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.28 billion. Currency-Neutral Comparable EPS was $1.00.
The Company increased its full-year guidance for earnings per share on a currency-neutral comparable basis. Specifically, it raised its guidance range by about a nickel, to $4.16-$4.23, reflecting the lower effective tax rate it realized during Q3.
"Our third quarter earnings exceeded our expectations, on the strength of good operating margin expansion and a favorable tax rate," said John Bryant, Kellogg Company's chairman and chief executive officer. "Our sales were affected by trade-inventory reductions in U.S. cereal, a challenging U.K. market, and portfolio transformations that have taken longer than anticipated to execute. However, we did realize growth in U.S. Snacks, U.S. Specialty Channels, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific, and every Region posted operating-profit margin expansion. Most importantly, we continued to make progress against priorities that will enable improved performance in Q4 and in 2017."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kellogg (K) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
- TETRA Technologies (TTI) Offers Q4 Update; Says Considering Capital Raise Options
- Toro Company (TTC) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!