Kansas City Southern (KSU) Misses Q3 EPS by 10c
- Futures flat as countdown to Trump's inauguration begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Oil rallies from one-week low as IEA sees tighter market
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) reported Q3 EPS of $1.12, $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $605 million versus the consensus estimate of $602.68 million.
“Kansas City Southern faced a challenging third quarter as extraneous events, including flooding outages and service disruptions on our Mexican network, resulted in additional operating costs,” stated Kansas City Southern’s President and Chief Executive Officer Patrick J. Ottensmeyer. “In spite of these events, KCS’ third quarter carloads grew 5% sequentially with strength seen in both the Automotive and Energy commodity groups. Overall, the Company remains committed to growth and we continue to invest and prepare for the many long-term opportunities on the horizon.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kansas City Southern (KSU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
- Buckingham Research Starts Kansas City Southern (KSU) at Buy
- PPG Industries (PPG) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!