Kansas City Southern (KSU) Misses Q3 EPS by 10c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) reported Q3 EPS of $1.12, $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $605 million versus the consensus estimate of $602.68 million.
“Kansas City Southern faced a challenging third quarter as extraneous events, including flooding outages and service disruptions on our Mexican network, resulted in additional operating costs,” stated Kansas City Southern’s President and Chief Executive Officer Patrick J. Ottensmeyer. “In spite of these events, KCS’ third quarter carloads grew 5% sequentially with strength seen in both the Automotive and Energy commodity groups. Overall, the Company remains committed to growth and we continue to invest and prepare for the many long-term opportunities on the horizon.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kansas City Southern (KSU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!