JinkoSolar (JKS) Misses Q2 EPS by 6c; Guides Q3, FY16 Shipments
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.92, $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.98. Revenue for the quarter came in at $896.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $897.28 million.
Total solar module shipments were 1,716 megawatts ("MW"), which includes 204 MW used in the Company's downstream projects. Total solar module shipments increased by 7.3% from 1,600 MW in the first quarter of 2016 and 87.9% from 913 MW in the second quarter of 2015.
Operations and Business Outlook
Third Quarter and Full Year 2016 Guidance
For the third quarter of 2016, the Company estimates total solar module shipments to be in the range of 1.5 GW to 1.7GW, which includes 1.40 GW to 1.65 GW module shipments to third parties. Revenues will not be recognized for the modules shipped to the Company's own downstream projects as required by U.S. GAAP.
For the full year 2016, the Company estimates total solar module shipments to be in the range of 6 GW and 6.5 GW, which includes 5.4 GW to 5.7 GW module shipments to third parties. Full year newly-added solar power project development scale is expected to be in the range of 600 MW to 800 MW.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JinkoSolar (JKS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Xcerra (XCRA) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!