JA Solar Holdings (JASO) Misses Q2 EPS by 38c; Guides, Q3 Shipments
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
JA Solar Holdings (NASDAQ: JASO) reported Q2 EPS of $0.31, $0.38 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.69. Revenue for the quarter came in at $619 million versus the consensus estimate of $698.12 million.
- Total shipments were 1,380.8 megawatts (“MW”), consisting of 1,229.3 MW of modules and cells to external customers, and 151.5 MW of modules to the Company’s own downstream projects. External shipments were up +55.5% y/y and up +18.4% sequentially
- Shipments of modules and module tolling were 1,134.2 MW, an increase of +58.1% y/y and an increase of +23.4% sequentially
- Shipments of cells and cell tolling were 95.1 MW, an increase of +29.6% y/y and a decrease of 20.0% sequentially
For the third quarter of 2016, the Company expects total cell and module shipments to be in the range of 1,200 to 1,300 MW. For the full year, the Company reiterates its prior shipment guidance of 5.2 to 5.5 GW, including 250 to 300 MW of module shipments to the Company's downstream projects. Revenues will not be recognized for the modules shipped to the Company's downstream projects as required by U.S. GAAP.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JA Solar Holdings (JASO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Newmarket (NEU) Tops Q3 EPS by 81c
- Hub Group, Inc. (HUBG) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!