JA Solar Holdings (JASO) Misses Q2 EPS by 38c; Guides, Q3 Shipments
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
JA Solar Holdings (NASDAQ: JASO) reported Q2 EPS of $0.31, $0.38 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.69. Revenue for the quarter came in at $619 million versus the consensus estimate of $698.12 million.
- Total shipments were 1,380.8 megawatts (“MW”), consisting of 1,229.3 MW of modules and cells to external customers, and 151.5 MW of modules to the Company’s own downstream projects. External shipments were up +55.5% y/y and up +18.4% sequentially
- Shipments of modules and module tolling were 1,134.2 MW, an increase of +58.1% y/y and an increase of +23.4% sequentially
- Shipments of cells and cell tolling were 95.1 MW, an increase of +29.6% y/y and a decrease of 20.0% sequentially
For the third quarter of 2016, the Company expects total cell and module shipments to be in the range of 1,200 to 1,300 MW. For the full year, the Company reiterates its prior shipment guidance of 5.2 to 5.5 GW, including 250 to 300 MW of module shipments to the Company's downstream projects. Revenues will not be recognized for the modules shipped to the Company's downstream projects as required by U.S. GAAP.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JA Solar Holdings (JASO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!