J.C. Penney (JCP) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY16 Comps Growth Outlook
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.22), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.21). Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.86 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.96 billion.
Comps fell 0.8 percent, versus a gain of 2.7 percent expected by the Street.
For the third quarter, gross margin was 37.2 % of sales, a 10 basis point decline compared to the same period last year.
The Company has updated its 2016 full year guidance as follows:
- Comparable store sales: expected to now increase 1% to 2%. (The Company previously saw a 3 - 4 percent increase.);
- Gross margin: expected to now be flat versus 2015;
- SG&A dollars: expected to decrease versus 2015;
- EBITDA1: expected to be $1 billion;
- Adjusted earnings per share: expected to be positive;
- Free cash flow1: expected to improve versus 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J.C. Penney (JCP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.01; Guides Below the Street
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!