J.C. Penney (JCP) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY16 Comps Growth Outlook
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.22), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.21). Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.86 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.96 billion.
Comps fell 0.8 percent, versus a gain of 2.7 percent expected by the Street.
For the third quarter, gross margin was 37.2 % of sales, a 10 basis point decline compared to the same period last year.
The Company has updated its 2016 full year guidance as follows:
- Comparable store sales: expected to now increase 1% to 2%. (The Company previously saw a 3 - 4 percent increase.);
- Gross margin: expected to now be flat versus 2015;
- SG&A dollars: expected to decrease versus 2015;
- EBITDA1: expected to be $1 billion;
- Adjusted earnings per share: expected to be positive;
- Free cash flow1: expected to improve versus 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J.C. Penney (JCP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Francesca's (FRAN) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c; Boosts Fy16 Outlook
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Updates on Growth Expectations, Initiatives Post-Conduent (CNDT) Spin-off
- TerraForm Power (TERP) Posts Q1 Loss of 1c/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!